US customers may not get the cheaper variant of OnePlus 9 Pro model
The OnePlus 9 series was released earlier this year, with two models for most regions: the cheaper OnePlus 9, and the pricier OnePlus 9 Pro with an upgraded camera array and (slightly) larger screen. However, the entry-level OnePlus 9 Pro was continuously delayed, leaving anyone looking for a sub-$1,000 OnePlus phone to buy the non-Pro model. Now the company has confirmed the base OnePlus 9 Pro will never be available in the United States and Canada.
OnePlus is apparently not launching the cheaper OnePlus 9 Pro model in the United States, according to a statement provided to Android Police. When the company launched the OnePlus 9 series smartphones, the lower-specced 8GB/128GB 9 Pro was nowhere to be found. OnePlus initially pointed to delays, but today the company seems to make it clear that it won’t arrive. While the company does not go into detail over its “supply constraints,” it likely has to do with the global chip shortage that has been ravaging various corners of the tech and auto industry. Android Police has reached out for clarification.
While it’s unfortunate that the lower-specced OnePlus 9 Pro may never see U.S. shores, it makes sense that OnePlus would focus on the more expensive higher-end model. Unfortunately, that leaves many North American users with fewer options, having to splurge a bit more for the 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
- Samsung Galaxy S30 series may come with a single punch-hole screen
- OnePlus Nord 2: Catch the first renders of the front of…
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Chinese variant get certified with 4,500mAh…
- Moto G60S pricing, memory, and color variants leak ahead of launch
– Advertisement – Content writer with have a experience of more than 1 and a half year in this field. If you like my content and wanna give me opportunity then please contact at [email protected]
Content writer with have a experience of more than 1 and a half year in this field. If you like my content and wanna give me opportunity then please contact at [email protected]