New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on May 21, 2021) follows:
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T devices were launched in 2019 and they’re still very much in OnePlus’ heart as they still have a few more years of support left. OnePlus 6/6T owners probably can’t relate.
Since then, we’ve seen the company rolling out update after update, all aimed at fixing many of the OxygenOS 11 issues present in these devices’ firmware.
OnePlus being, well, OnePlus, we have seen efforts to address these as every new OTA has a bunch of bug-fixes and the same applies to the May 2021 security patch.
Reports now indicate that OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T owners in China are getting an update that fixes a bunch of issues while bringing the May 2021 security patch.
If history is anything to go by, users running OxygenOS 11 on their OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T are also in for a treat as updates to the China version often trickle to the global variants soon.
Already, we have an alleged changelog of the upcoming May update for OnePlus 7/7T, presumably OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 7 series and this is awfully similar to that of the Chinese updates we’ve talked about. Here’s the alleged changelog.
• Improved the system fluency
• Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
• Improved the swiping experience of Shelf
• Improved the loading speed of previewing pictures
• Fixed the occasional issue that incoming call interface delays to display
• Fixed the occasionally abnormal display issue when making a call
• Fixed the occasional issue that the mirror effect fails to work
• Fixed the abnormal issue with the camera when zooming in macro mode
• Fixed the lagging issue when capturing multiple images under the nightscape mode
• Improved 4G network communication
• Improved the stability of Wi-Fi connection
Evidently, OnePlus is going all the way in fixing Android 11 on these devices with fixes to the camera, shelf, gallery, phone, network and more.
We shall continue to monitor the forums and update as and when we get the official listing and changelog for this OnePlus 7 and 7T May update so stay tuned.
The OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T devices are eligible for an update to Android 12-based OxygenOS 12. You can learn more on OnePlus’ journey to Android 12 here.
Update 1 (May 24)
IST 10:30 am: New reports now indicate that the OxygenOS 11 equivalent of the update we saw to the Chinese variants of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T devices is rolling out to the global variants. More on that and download links here.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.