OnePlus is rolling out a new software update for the OnePlus 9RT which is recently launched in China with Snapdragon 888 SoC paired with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. It will sport a 120Hz E4 screen and pack a 4,500 mAh battery with 65W charging.
Now the device is getting its first software update based on ColorOS 12 version via OTA A.06 and the OnePlus 9RT gets RAM Expansion aka virtual RAM support. The virtual RAM feature uses the internal storage of the phone like RAM, offering flexibility and speed whenever required.
- [New]Support memory expansion function, which can expand part of the storage space into running memory (path: About this machine-running memory-memory expansion)
- [Improve] System stability and fix known issues
- [Optimization] Color expression and picture details under multi-zoom shooting
- [Optimization] Focus performance of multi-scene shooting in 1080P 30FPS mode
- [Optimization] Macro mode imaging clarity and reduce image noise
- [Optimization] Color accuracy in wide-angle mode
- [Optimization] Outdoor multi-scene imaging effect
- The internet
- [Improved] WLAN transmission stability
The update fixes and optimizes several camera features and improves WLAN transmission stability. As mentioned earlier, OnePlus will roll out the update in a phased manner. A handful of smartphones will get the update first and the rest of the smartphones will receive the update in the next few days. OnePlus hasn’t mentioned the size of these updates, however, it is recommended to update your smartphones using a strong Wi-Fi connection and while the device is charging. To manually check for the update, head to Settings > System > System updates.