Welcome to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the two phones in the OnePlus 6-series. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out updates to the entire series at once, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- Will the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T get Android 12? No, Android 11 is the final upgrade
Latest OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T updates
See the extensive changelog below.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
As always, the OTA will have a staged rollout and will reach more OnePlus 6/6T users in the coming days. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 6 and 6T updates
- July 21, 2021: Oxygen OS 10.3.12 landed with some basic bug fixes and the July 2021 security patch.
- May 21, 2021: Oxygen OS 10.3.11 rolled out to the OnePlus 6 and 6T and included fixes for “known issues,” stability improvements, and the May 2021 Android security patch.
- April 27, 2021: This update landed with just the April 2021 security patch and some bug fixes and improvements.
- March 18, 2021: Oxygen OS 10.3.9 arrived in March and brought with it the February 2021 Android security patch. The update also improved system stability, per the changelog.
- January 27, 2021: The OnePlus 6 and 6T gained Oxygen OS 10.3.8 in January 2021 which brought that month’s security update and the introduction of the OnePlus Store.
- October 12, 2020: In October, the OnePlus 6 and 6T received Oxygen OS 10.3.6 which includes a few patches and the September 2020 security update.