September 30, 2022: OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Live
OnePlus has now started the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 open beta program for the OnePlus 10R. In order to upgrade to this build successfully, be sure that your device is in the required OxygenOS 12 version (A.07/A.08 for OnePlus 10R; A.06/A.07/A.08 for OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition). You can download the OxygenOS 13 open beta from the given link below.
Download OxygenOS 13 Open Beta:
Want to go back to Android 12? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
You can check the complete changelog below.
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Optimizes Private Safe • The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
August 17, 2022: OxygenOS 13 Closed Beta Program
A couple of days ago, OnePlus announced the OnePlus 9RT and OnePlus 8/8 Pro Android 13 closed beta program. Now, the brand has announced the OxygenOS 13 closed beta testing program for the OnePlus 10R, another OnePlus 10 series smartphone.
OnePlus plans to recruit 200 OnePlus 10R users from India for the Android 13 beta test program. Interested OnePlus 10R Indian users can apply for the OxygenOS 13 CBT package. The selected users for the Android 13 Closed Beta Testing Program will have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the company.
OnePlus will thoroughly test the OxygenOS 13 build for the OnePlus 10R with the help of closed beta testers. The Android 13 Closed Beta testers should provide regular feedback to the development team. This will help the company prepare for its next phase, which is an open beta.
Please note that closed beta versions may contain bugs that may affect daily performance and battery life. Therefore, we do not recommend readers sign up for the app on their primary device.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 (Android 13) Closed Beta Update
It’s also worth noting that this program may require a Flash build, which requires a clean Flash. This means that it causes data loss. Hence, it is highly recommended that you always remember to save all your data.
In order to be eligible, you need to meet the requirements below:
- You are using a OnePlus 10R (India variant)
- You are an active OnePlus Community member
- You are willing to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus after you receive the invitation e-mail.
- You are willing to regularly communicate and report issues/suggestions to the OnePlus team on Telegram
- The CBT version is not the Stable Version, which is still in development. After updating to the CBT version, you’ll remain patient and tolerate its instability and accept all risks which might be caused by it.