Earlier this year, OnePlus launched the successor to the OnePlus Nord in the form of the OnePlus Nord 2. This sees the company continuing its plans to create both flagship devices as well as budget ones.
OnePlus has been steadily increasing the price of its phones over the years, which fans and customers have been complaining about, especially since the company had initially started out to create value for money phones designed to challenge the more established and more expensive flagships.
The handset is priced rather affordably and comes with specs you might expect from a budget handset, so while it’s nothing too spectacular, it’s more than capable of getting the job done and then some. If you bought the phone and you’re trying to get its SIM unlocked, then here are a couple of different ways you can do it.
Unlocking through your carrier
Unlocking through your carrier is the best solution since it is usually a free service that carriers offer to customers, but usually there are some criterias you’ll need to meet in order to qualify for a SIM unlock. This includes:
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Now these requirements might differ from carrier to carrier, so it’s always best to give them a call to make sure you’re eligible. Assuming that you are eligible, then here’s what you need to do next:
- On your OnePlus Nord 2 handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your carrier and request for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the OnePlus Nord 2’s
- If you meet all the requirements that we mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Getting the unlock code from a paid third-party service
Now, there is a chance that if you don’t meet the eligibility requirements set by your carrier, they won’t unlock your phone for you, but don’t worry, that’s what services like Android SIM Unlock are for. You’ll have to pay a bit, but you’ll still be able to SIM unlock your phone even if your carrier won’t do it for you.
- On your OnePlus Nord 2 handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down
- Go to Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact information
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the OnePlus Nord 2’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go