OnePlus and its smartphones have vast popularity in the flagship smartphone range and give tough competition to other companies. Its Custom skin OxygenOS is also the most loved UI, as compared to others. It is based on Android OS, and whenever Android upgrades its OS version, its developers also do the same; they also upgrade UI to the latest version.
When Android releases any new version, it first releases its beta version, which is a testing program, before rolling out the stable Update. Beta versions also have two types, the Open Beta Program, which is for all users, and the Closed beta program, which is limited to a limited number of users. So that the stable version could be bug-free and users can enjoy a bug-free experience. Read more OnePlus Sports App Gets A New Update v3.1.6 – What’s New
The above same thing happens with the OnePlus UI, OxygenOS, the First closed beta program, then the second Open Beta program after both Stables. In some conditions, the CompanyCompany also released the second beta program and the Third beta program.
What Is The OnePlus OxygenOS Early Access Program?
In this, CompanyCompany introduces the OxygenOS Features and tweaks for the first time. It is for limited users, minimally 100-200 users depending on the Company. It is limited because it is the initial stage, and in this, many bugs or glitches may be present, or apps might create a problem. This is for finding bugs and fixing them for the next Update. Read more OnePlus September 2022 Security Patch Update [Device List]
What Is The OxygenOS Open Beta Program?
In this CompanyCompany invite the users to join the open beta update of OxygenOS, So that they can fix the bugs, issues, and an added feature if required and can make some changes if it is needed; for this CompanyCompany allow users of the Open Beta Program to give feedback and suggestion to make OxygenOS more users friendly for the stable version.
How To Apply To OxygenOS Closed Beta Program and Open Beta Program?
- In this, there are a few limitations that should be considered for taking part in the closed beta program, first becoming an active OnePlus Community member.
- If you wish to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus after you receive the invitation email
- You needed to regularly communicate and report issues/suggestions to the OnePlus team on Telegram.
- The CBT (closed beta test ) version is not the Stable Version, which is still in development.
- After updating to the closed beta program or test, you will have to experience instability, Issues, and more.
- If you find it eligible, then you can apply for the application. Read more Download All Official Builds Of OxygenOS 13 (Android 13) Update
How to Roll-Back To The Previous Version Of The Update?
- First, Backup all your data.
- Download OxygenOS Rollback/Downgrade Firmware.
- Then, transfer the downloaded downgrade firmware to your device’s internal storage. Don’t place it inside any folder.
- After that, if the downloaded firmware is in. JAR, change the extension to. ZIP and rename it by removing it. JAR from the end.
- Now download and install the Rollback APK file attached.
- Install it, corresponding to the downgrade package.
- Launch the app and tap on the settings icon.
- Go to the downloaded downgrade firmware and select it.
- Wait for the installation. Once done, tap on the Reboot button.
- It’s done. Your device will now boot up to Android 11.
What Is The OxygenOS Stable Update?
As its name indicates, Stable is the final Update after the closed and open beta program, which got rolled out first for the flagship devices of the Company, then after the other segment smartphones. Stable Update is stable till the next major Update of Android and OxygenOS. In between, the CompanyCompany also releases monthly security patches for fixing the bugs and improving the vulnerability and system performance. Read more OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1: How To Download
Important Instruction For The Stable Update:
- Fully, Charge your OnePlus Phone, or if not, then a minimum of 50-60% battery is required for installing the Update.
- Back up all your personal data from the Phone.
- As per software guidelines, your Phone must have given storage capacity available.
OxygenOS Beta Program Instructions:
Both versions of the beta program can affect your system performance and may create problems while using. For it is better to use this as a secondary phone, but not a primary.
Update all the applications installed on the phone to the latest version from the play store. Some third-party apps may not work. While your Phone is in the beta stage.
OxygenOS 1.0 Based on Android 10: First Custom Skin
In March 2015, OnePlus first introduced the OxygenOS based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It was the first time that users of the OnePlus two and OnePlus X experienced OxygenOS. It was simple and refined, and that made it successful. For information, OPPO and OnePlus are under BBK Electronics. Read more OnePlus OxygenOS 12.1 Hidden App Feature: How To Use It?
OnePlus integrated the OxygenOS Number with Android and jumped directly to the Android version serial number as Android did with sweet candy names to Number.
In 2022, on 3rd August, OnePlus released its OxygenOS 13, Based on Android 13, which brings many new features like Zen Mode, smart launcher, side toolbox, AOD Styles, and more.
OxygenOS 13 Beta Program Devices [list]:
- OnePlus 10T (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 10R (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 10 Pro (Open Beta stage)
- OnePlus 9RT (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 9 Pro (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 9 (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 9R (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 8T (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 8 Pro (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus 8 (Closed Beta stage)
- OnePlus Nord 2
- OnePlus Nord 2
- OnePlus Nord CE 2
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite
- OnePlus Nord CE. Read more https://www.rmupdate.com/2022/09/19/oxygenos-13-beta-update-information-tracker/