OnePlus OxygenOS software is empowered with a plethora of useful features to give you advanced device controls and easy ways to manage conversations. On the other hand, a couple of weeks ago, the Chinese tech giant rolled out the last major Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 8 series devices.
Meanwhile, after the Android 13 update, the OnePlus 8 series, mainly in OnePlus 8T smartphones, are bothered by some common bugs and issues. However, this issue may occur due to older devices, and many features may take time to adapt to the new feature.
To recall, OnePlus launched the OnePlus 8T smartphone in October 2020. The phone packs a 6.55-inch AMOLED 120Hz display, Snapdragon 865 5G, 48 MP quad cameras, a 4500mAh battery with 65W fast charging, and more. On the other hand, the phone comes with Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 OS. One thing to note is that with the last major Android 13 software update, the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro have lost compatibility to receive the Android 14 update.
Coming back to bugs and issues, some OnePlus 8 series users are facing some common issues that are related to the lock screen, third-party payment app, and OnePlus Health app problems. Below we have collected a few issues which are related to the OnePlus 8 series devices.
- The step tracker option is missing under the Health App
- Impossible to use contactless payments (Google Pay and Wallet)
- They are not in the notification center on the lock screen; they overlap on the fingerprint animation.
To Fix The Step Tracker Option Missing:
- You can fix this with a few simple steps. Well, to fix this, try to log out of your OnePlus account, reboot the phone, and log in again, and you will see it works well.
To Fix The Notification Placing Issue:
- You can try clearing the cache of the system launcher and rebooting the phone. However, there could be a glitch in the OS as well.
To Fix Third-Party Payment App Issues (Google Pay and Wallet):
- To fix this, try to log out of your Google Pay account, reboot the phone, and log in again, and you will see it works well.
If your issues are not resolved, share them with the company so that they are aware of such issues and try to resolve them. You just kept checking for updates via the Settings app on your OnePlus smartphone.